BRUNCH! Pancakes, waffles, muffins, eggs, bacon, fruit, you name it; if it has something to do with brunch then I’m all for it! Not only that, but when I see the words “healthy” and “brunch” in the same sentence, I am definitely in. If you find yourself in the same position, then I guarantee you will love this recipe! It’s super easy with minimal ingredients, healthy, and oh-so-yummy!
Here’s what you need:
-1 ripe banana
-1 cup oats
-1/4 cup of your choice of milk
-1 ½ tsp vanilla
-1 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp cinnamon (or more to your liking)
-Optional: add any nuts or fruits of your choice
1. Process oats in a food processor or blender until they appear to look like flour (process longer if you don’t like an oatey texture).
2. Add in banana and egg and blend until smooth.
3. Add in milk, baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Blend until smooth.
4. Heat up a griddle or skillet and place a tablespoon or two of an oil of your choice (I use coconut oil) at the bottom of the pan until melted and hot.
5. Make the pancakes as big or as little as you’d like, and cook until slightly golden on both sides.
6. To serve; add nut butter, nuts, fruit, honey or maple syrup and ENJOY!
Note: This recipe yields about 3 medium sized pancakes so adjust according to how many you are needing to make!
The thing I love most about this recipe is that it is so simple and easy that you can pretty much use it as a starting point and then be as creative as you want to be! Try them out yourself; be creative, tweak the recipe if you want, and then have some friends over for brunch and watch their faces light up! It’s the perfect way to kick off a bible study, girls night, or even just a get together!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!