We hear a lot about Jesus’ ministry, but His earthly ministry only lasted three years. Earlier this week, I was thinking about the rest of Jesus’ life – the other 30 years that gets skipped in the Bible. Obviously, He was perfect in those years.
However, what if Jesus had a cranky neighbor – not just someone that didn’t wave at Jesus in the mornings, but a legitimately angry individual that just didn’t like Him? Someone that would cut Him off on his camel, and then curse Jesus out. How would Jesus’ handle that? I believe He would love and honor that person. How would you treat a cranky neighbor?
“But to you who are listening I say: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.” Luke 6: 27-28
In today’s political and social division, we should strive to treat people more like Jesus. I bet you’re thinking, “Yeah Faith, but how? I am really busy.” I have a recipe for that cranky neighbor of yours.
You could make Cinnamon Roll Cake!
It takes 30-35 minutes to make and it’s scrumptious. I challenge you to make this delectable cake. So, whip it up and invite your cranky neighbor over for some cake and tea. (I prefer Earl Grey.) Jesus will honor your act of kindness and give you grace to settle differences over cinnamon roll cake.
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp. baking powder
- 1½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tblspn. flour
- 1 Tblspn. cinnamon
- Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder, milk, eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in melted butter slowly. Pour batter into greased 9×13 pan.
- Mix topping ingredients (3/4 cup butter softened, brown sugar, flour and cinnamon). Drop over cake mixture evenly.
- Swirl your topping and cake mixture with a knife going up and down the length of the pan (but only inserting it in the cake mix a little – not all the way).
- Bake at 350 for 28-32 minutes.
- Top with the glaze which is made by mixing 2 cups powdered sugar, 5 TB milk and 1 tsp. vanilla. Drizzle over the cake while it’s still warm.
Have a beautiful day!
Photo by AubreyAnne from Jax and Keltie